SCORE Reference Card. Many useful phone numbers and e-mail addresses for your business.
Score Resource Guide
Labor Laws, Contractors, Healthcare
What do I need to know about healthcare and labor laws?
Licensing & Permit Information
- California Licenses & Permits
- Please note that there may be more information provided than you need. This link gives all authorities that you may need to work with.
Business Assistance Tools and Programs
Los Angeles Mayor's Office - Doing business in LA
Here’s a link to the Los Angeles Mayor’s website. It has useful information for doing business in Los Angeles.
Los Angeles Mayor’s Office
LA County Department of Consumer and Business Affairs
- DCBA website
- Doing business with the County
- Register as a vendor and apply for certification
- Digital toolkit - Contains infographics, fact sheets, videos on how to certify
Running Your Business
From Square Inc.
How to Run Your Business
Non-profit? Where can I get help?
- SCORE is focused on the “for profit” sector. If you are an established not-for-profit organization: refer to Executive Service Corps.
- If you are a new (not yet established) not-for-profit organization, refer to the Center for Non-Profit Management.
- The Flintridge Foundation offers courses that will help you with setting up and managing a non-profit organization.
Where can I find an accountant or an attorney?
Setting Up a Board
- How do I set-up a board of directors? Please see resources from Boardwalk Consulting.
Small Business Administration links
SBA Office of Advocacy is the independent voice for small business in the Federal Government and the source of small business statistics.
Advocacy is an independent voice for small business within the federal government and is the watchdog for the Regulatory Flexibility Act (RFA). Advocacy advances the views and concerns of small business before Congress, the White House, the federal agencies, the federal courts and state policy makers.
- SBA Office of Advocacy
- Starting and Managing your Business
- Loans and Grants
- Small Business Learning Center
- SBA Local Assistance