What to Expect and Not to Expect From a Business Mentor - Read what Ken Yancey, CEO of SCORE has to say
Are You Ready to Start a Business?
We won’t kid you. It’s not easy. Not everyone is ready for it, but the rewards are huge. We suggest that you start with these articles to see if you have the right personality and a workable idea.
- Are you an Entrepreneur?
- Feasibility Study
- Top 10 Reasons Small Businesses Fail - Before you get going, consider some of the points in this document.
- How To Really Start Your Own Business - How do I start a business? Here’s a guide to step you through the process.
- Welcome to the Startup Guide - City of Los Angeles Business Portal – Startup Guide
- A Simple Guide to Starting a Business - From Square Inc
Here are some free legal documents and articles you may need. Note: The link does not imply that we endorse this organization.
- Documents and Articles
- Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development - What are the rules in California? How do I register my business? Here’s some excellent information from the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development.
How do I start an e-Business? How can technology help me with my business? Where can I get more information?
- e-Business Now – SCORE’s e-Business Resource Center
- How to Make a Website - A Free Guide
- Internet Retailer – Portal to e-commerce intelligence
SBA Office of Advocacy is the independent voice for small business in the Federal Government and the source of small business statistics.
Advocacy is an independent voice for small business within the federal government and is the watchdog for the Regulatory Flexibility Act (RFA). Advocacy advances the views and concerns of small business before Congress, the White House, the federal agencies, the federal courts and state policy makers.