Doing Business in LA: General Information
County of Los Angeles:
- Department of Consumer and Business Affairs website
- Doing business with the County
- Los Angeles County Vendor Registration
City of Los Angeles:
- Los Angeles Business Portal -It has useful information for doing business in Los Angeles.
- Economic & Workforce Development Department - City of Los Angeles
Doing Business in LA: Labor Laws, Employee vs. Independent Contractors, Healthcare, & Safety
Labor Laws/Wage Standards/Hiring:
- California Labor Laws
- Employee or Independent Contractor?
- Wage Standards City of Los Angeles
- The Office of Wage Standards (OWS)
- Workforce Development County of Los Angeles
Doing Business in LA: Procurement and Government Contracting
- Long Beach SBDC - Assists businesses that are looking to apply for the 8(a) Business Development Program.
- The Contractor’s Handbook - a guide to business opportunities with the City of Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Business Assistance Virtual Network (LABAVN)
- Contractor Assistance Seminar by the City of Los Angeles
- Business Inclusion Program and Local Business Preference
- Accessing LA - Small Business Resource Events offered by the City of Los Angeles
- Contracting Connections - L.A. County Office of Small Business
- Register as a vendor and apply for certification
- Digital toolkit - Contains infographics, fact sheets, and videos on how to certify
Doing Business in LA: Industry Specific Information and Networking Events
Small Business Administration links
SBA Office of Advocacy is the independent voice for small businesses in the Federal Government and the source of small business statistics.
Advocacy is an independent voice for small businesses within the federal government and is the watchdog for the Regulatory Flexibility Act (RFA). Advocacy advances the views and concerns of small businesses before Congress, the White House, the federal agencies, the federal courts, and state policymakers.
- SBA Office of Advocacy
- Starting and Managing your Business
- Loans and Grants
- Small Business Learning Center
- SBA Local Assistance
Non-profit? Where can I get help?
- SCORE is focused on the “for-profit” sector. If you are an established not-for-profit organization: refer to Executive Service Corps.
- If you are a new (not yet established) not-for-profit organization, refer to the Center for Non-Profit Management.
- The Flintridge Foundation offers courses that will help you with setting up and managing a non-profit organization.