Do you know what your No. 1 marketing tool is today? It’s your customer’s cell phone.
Yes, your existing customer can be your top profit center. All you need to do is establish an automated consistent marketing plan to communicate with them.
This is easier than it sounds. You just need engaging and interactive communication to create lifelong repeat customers.
Every day, more and more businesses are adopting marketing campaigns that incorporate text messaging. Most businesses create a plan that uses social media and offline marketing strategies to grow a substantial customer base. Text marketing goes hand in hand with all other media assets.
A few statistics will provide a clearer picture:
- 8.3 trillion text messages are sent every year.
- On average, people look at their cell phones 150 times a day.
- 98% of people open their text message within three minutes of receiving them. (The rate is much lower for social media and email.)
- 45% of text messages get a response.
If you walk outside right now, you can look around and see how many people are carrying their cell phones. The average person simply does not leave home without one. In my opinion, it’s no wonder that text message marketing is by far the best way to engage and interact with your potential and existing customers.
How do you do this while working toward your main goal: building your list? Well, there are certain proper steps:
- Create a clear marketing objective with a timeframe for your campaign. And answer these questions: Do you want to increase sales? What dollar amount do you want to make? How many more customers do you want on your list?
- Determine who your ideal customer is: age, gender, demographics, behaviors, interests, etc.
- Create one clear message about your product or service and stay consistent. Be conservative with your texting: once a week, every two weeks or even longer. Make sure it’s something new, interesting or exciting. You don’t want people to unsubscribe.
- Make your messages attractive and engaging – make them an offer they can’t refuse. Don’t be stingy: Provide a real discount like 50% off, buy-one-get-one-free or get a free drink with your order – whatever makes sense for your business.
- It’s important to select the right keyword. For example, text “Food,” “Bobthegroomer” or “50% off.” You can also create a VIP or birthday club where your customers can text to join and receive something for their birthday or a special discount for being a VIP.
You can clearly see the great opportunity text message marketing can do for various types of businesses. The sky is the limit to the type of marketing that you can do, and it doesn’t matter whether you have a location, work at home or have an online business. However, text campaigns have proven to work exceptionally well for restaurants, real estate agents and retail stores.
So I’d like to ask you: How are you marketing your business? And if you’re not using text message marketing, you should be, because your competitors are or soon will be.